jueves, 16 de agosto de 2012

La Sebastiana


For seminar this week we went to the house of Pablo Neruda (in Valparaíso because he actually had four houses, one in Valpo, one in Isla Negra, one in Santiago, and one in Madrid, Spain).  This one is called La Sebastiana.  It has five floors and an amazing view of the ocean because it is up on one of the hills.  Each floor contains quirky works of art, furniture, and unique colors and decorating.  I actually really enjoyed it.  Even though I haven't really read the poetry of Pablo Neruda, I bought a book of it there and am starting to read it.  It's really beautiful so far and will help me practice my Spanish!

Guide equipment

Original entrance to house.
View from third floor window.
Caitlin and I in front of the house.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario