miércoles, 15 de agosto de 2012

Horseback riding in Concón

Favorite photo of the day.
This way to Concón!
Ritoque Expediciones












Boots wit da spurs, wit da spurs!
Last Saturday some of the people in my group took a micro to Concón for one of the most memorable
 days in Chile yet.
Ritoque Expeditions (http://www.ritoqueexpediciones.cl/) gave us an amazing, three hour ride through sand dunes, woods, and across the beach.  It was amazing.  Just picture it, riding horses across the beach as the sun goes down.  UNREAL.  Afterward, we went to the restaurant Pico de Emeterio because a worker on my cruise was from Chile and recommended it to me.  Overall, an amazing day despite being sore for a few days after.  Despite what people think, horseback riding is exercise.  Whenever I wanted to gallop (or when the horse did because I didn't have that great of control over him in all honesty), I was breathless after about a minute.  You have to keep yourself balanced and it is constant bouncing.  I had never ridden horses the way we did that day.  We had a lot of freedom to go at our own pace and had a lot of time.  Very different from the "walk in a straight line for a short amount of time through narrow mountain paths" style I had experienced in the past in Colorado.  I won't forget that day for many years to come and it did not even cost much.  I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to visit this part of Chile!

Photos:

View of a large hill/mountain from Concón.
Tarzaning while we wait


Putting on chaps - I wish I would
have because I got a burn


CHILE


Attempt at being artsy.
Puppy in the center of a ring of horses.
Someone's nervous - she's never been horseback riding before!

View of sea from the horse place.

Family who lives there and runs the place.
My horse - he had a rock in his foot so he was limping. Pobrecito :(

Ready to go!
Riding down the hill.
On the beach!!

What a cowboy!


Their dogs ran with us the whole way and were so cute!
Epic silhouette. 
View of my horse's face from where I sat.



Badass pose.

Climbing a steep sand dune.



View of Viña from the dunes.
Beautiful photo opps on the dunes.

Chilling with our guide.

Coming back from the bathroom (AKA the great outdoors).

He didn't want me to take his picture, but I snuck this shot of Nacho, our 12 year old guide.





Selfies at Sunset

Horseshoeprints in the sand.


La Pica de Emeterio
Splitting seafood and wine with Clare.

The whole group at dinner!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario